Monday 16 January 2017

Summer Learning Journey - Week 4 - Day 16 - Activity 2 - My Public Holiday

I have to write about:

Create a brand new public holiday for the country.  Use your creativity to come up with a name for the holiday and a short description of how people in the country celebrate the holiday. Do they all get the day off? Do they eat special foods or go to special events to mark the day?

I will call my public holiday NZ Fam's day which is a day you spend a day with your family, and everyone will have a day off from there work. Also the special food will be biscuits, cake, pork and pizza.  Also the special market that you can go to will be sky city in the sky tower.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Anna!

    I'm back! I really like your answer. Family day sounds good. If I were to make a holiday it would be "Help Others Day". A day when we help people that are not our family or close friends. We might help out the old people that live next door, or the poor family down the road. We could run errands, fix things, make things nicer, or even just give someone that needs it a nice lunch or dinner.

    I don't think everyone would do it, but it would be a nice gesture.

    Keep up the great work.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea!! That should be a holiday.

    Thanks

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reply, Anna!

    You have done so much new work! I can't wait to see it all.

    You should be very proud of yourself, Anna. You're going an amazing job.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mark,

    I am really proud of myself because I got to meet two adults which is you and Rachel, also I met Aronui, Rachel's son which was really cool.

    Thank you. I enjoy doing blogging during the holidays.

    Thanks,

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna,

      Mark, Aronui and I have all really enjoyed meeting you. I can't wait to meet you in person when I come into Pt England early in Term 1 to hand out the Summer Learning Journey certificates and prizes.

      Until then, I'll look forward to continuing to meet up online.

      See you soon!

      Rachel :)

      Delete
  5. What day are you going to hand out the certificates? Also is Aronui going to come to Pt England School?

    Thanks, Rachel

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna,
    Great idea! I couldn't have thought of a better holiday!

    Keep it up!
    Iisa

    ReplyDelete